How to Hang a Picture Exactly Where you Want it.
Now here's a hanging technique that will guarantee that your picture ends up where you want it and that it doesn't tip.
- Place a short piece of masking tape on the top of the frame near the middle. Then, locate the exact center of the frame and mark it on the tape.
- Hold the artwork on the wall and have someone visually determine the best location.
- Transfer the mark on the tape to the adjacent wall.
- Hook two fingers over the hanging cable about 12 inches apart. Now with a tape measure or ruler, measure the distance from the cable to the top of the frame.
- Place a vertical level on the wall mark and extend the line downward about a foot or so. Remember that measurement you made from the wire to the top of the picture frame? Well, measure down that same distance on the wall and draw a horizontal line.
- From the center line, measure out six inches on each side. Now that's the 12 inches you held your fingers apart. Place the hook end of the picture hanger on this final mark and hammer in the nail.
- Install a second hook at the pencil mark, 12 inches away. This will keep the picture from tipping. Clean off the lines and hang away.
This hack will make starting a tape roll easy every time.
With extraordinarily realistic polyurethane panels, this faux stone accent wall is easy to install and as realistic as a traditional stone wall.
Find out which wall anchor is right for your project.