How to Hang a Picture Exactly Where you Want it.
Now here's a hanging technique that will guarantee that your picture ends up where you want it and that it doesn't tip.
- Place a short piece of masking tape on the top of the frame near the middle. Then, locate the exact center of the frame and mark it on the tape.
- Hold the artwork on the wall and have someone visually determine the best location.
- Transfer the mark on the tape to the adjacent wall.
- Hook two fingers over the hanging cable about 12 inches apart. Now with a tape measure or ruler, measure the distance from the cable to the top of the frame.
- Place a vertical level on the wall mark and extend the line downward about a foot or so. Remember that measurement you made from the wire to the top of the picture frame? Well, measure down that same distance on the wall and draw a horizontal line.
- From the center line, measure out six inches on each side. Now that's the 12 inches you held your fingers apart. Place the hook end of the picture hanger on this final mark and hammer in the nail.
- Install a second hook at the pencil mark, 12 inches away. This will keep the picture from tipping. Clean off the lines and hang away.
Have your project done by a local, qualified professional.
CLICK HERE FOR A FREE QUOTE
Not everyone is in a position to do a project themselves. That's why I've partnered with HomeAdvisor.com to provide you with free quotes from qualified local professionals.
I try out a new tool designed and engineered to do one task exceptionally well -- demolition.
Innovative New Tool for Quickly Removing Wood and Tile Floors, Wood Trim and More
Simple steps you can take to make sure your central air conditioning system is ready for a trouble-free cooling season.