Picture Hanging Bracket Uses No Wire Hangs Level
- The core components of this system are two strips of extruded aluminum.
- The first strip attaches to the back of the picture frame. Notice the angle shape. To avoid the possibility of splitting, first drill pilot holes, then install small panhead screws.
- The second strip mounts to the wall with the angle facing upward. These screws, exclusive to the system, have needle-like points that you can easily push into the surface with a handheld screwdriver. The deep coarse threads quickly pull the screw into the wall with just a few turns.
- Each hanger comes with its own bubble level that snaps or slides into a groove in the strip.
- Move the unattached end of the hanger up or down until the bubble level is centered, then install a second screw. These first two hold the strip in position while you put in the remaining fasteners. Then the level simply slides out.
- The angled strip on the back of the picture engages the strip on the wall, guaranteeing the artwork will hang securely and level.
- Canvas art stretched over a frame merits its own version of this hanging system.
- The picture strip has a step offsetting it to the inside.
- Just mount the wall strip as before and when the hangers are engaged, they pull the artwork snugly up against the wall.
- A really nice feature of all these systems is that you can slide the artwork left or right, until it's exactly where you want it.
- This same system can be used on a metal frame, in this case, a single wall strip simply engages the inside of the metal frame.
- Now even when you're hanging something as large and heavy as this, this system makes it a one-person job. This one is rated for up to 400 pounds.
Have your project done by a local, qualified professional.
CLICK HERE FOR A FREE QUOTE
Not everyone is in a position to do a project themselves. That's why I've partnered with HomeAdvisor.com to provide you with free quotes from qualified local professionals.
Simple steps you can take to make sure your central air conditioning system is ready for a trouble-free cooling season.
These Accessories Make Your Extension Ladder Safer and More Versatile
Outdoor Woodworking Projects For The Summer